Saturday, May 7, 2011

God's Glory

Recently, the thought of God's glory keeps running through my mind. Do I know what it is? Have I experienced His glory? What does the Bible have to say about His glory? I've come to the humbling conclusion that there is much I don't know about His glory! So it's a great opportunity to learn! Would you like to learn and experience His glory with me?
Simply, glory is all God shows Himself to be wrapped up in His character, His nature. I can know His nature in several ways. His Word, the Bible; experiencial knowledge and through being in fellowship with other Christ-followers.
CAUTION: Since God is spirit, His glory is spiritually discerned. Our intellect alone cannot fully grasp the glory of God. Bible knowledge alone doesn't cut it.
As a Christ-follower, let's start with Jesus. "And He (Jesus) is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power." Hebrews 1:3 NAS
Jesus said, "You know neither Me nor My Father, if you knew Me, you would know My Father also." John 8:19 To know God's glory, know Jesus. Simple. Yes, but knowing implies knowledge that goes beyond our thinking. True spiritual knowledge is given by the Spirit of God; sometimes called heart knowledge. The knowledge that travels from our thinking to our spirit impacting our entire being is an action of the Holy Spirit.
This is a good place to start.
Under God's glory today,
Nancy

2 comments:

  1. I have been struggling with worship. I've prayed about it and I feel like God is helping me break it down. Kind of, simplify it for me. I've been listening to Hosanna by Hillsong Chapel, over and over again. Its all I want to hear. It certainly blessed me when you did the song in worship this last week.:) Compassion is another thing I struggle with. The line "break my heart for what breaks yours" has been my prayer lately. This is what comes to mind as I read your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in a great place to experience the fullness of God's compassion and mercy when you say that kind of prayer! Don't waver through unbelief. God is Who He says He is!!

    ReplyDelete