Tuesday, May 3, 2011

First Blog

Hello ~ A simple life...is there such a life? I have experienced moments of simplicity out on bicycle rides. The sense of movement, earth smells of changing seasons, hearing breath go in and out...how about sight that narrows to the path in front of my bike tire. All becomes still inside as the extemporaneous thoughts drop away one by one. The simplicity of one thought, 'Christ in me the hope of glory'.
'Christ in me'? 'How does that work?' 'Isn't that presumption?' 'How can you be sure He lives in you?' 'WHY would you want Him living in you?' 'Who needs that crutch?' 'Good for you...what does it have to do with me?'
Even a simple life needs hope when trouble comes, disappointments set in and life just stinks. Since I was a child, Jesus represented hope...hope of a Savior when I thought bad things, hope of a Father Who loved me always, hope of a better place when I go to heaven. Then life got older and more and more complicated. Now I'm back to simply living my life, yet Jesus' life in me because He is the only hope of glory.
Next blog...thoughts on glory.
Hope is a person and His Name is Jesus.
Me

1 comment:

  1. T.Austin Sparks once wrote of the idea of the Christian coming to the understanding that he has Christ within himself and if we could ever allow the life of Christ within us to be the life that we live, the we would come to live the true Christian life. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete